[DECtalk] DECtalk on old phone system

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Tue Feb 16 15:45:34 EST 2021

Don,

I am in fact interested in how Dectalk was used in addition to firmware
sound. I find it fascinating how Dectalk can be useful in so many
situations. Example: I remember that years ago a member of this list
helped make Dectalk speak a choice-based game on the TellMe phone
system. This was back in the day when the service offered extensions. I
would call TellMe and enter the extension number just so I could
hear/use Dectalk.

Also, for a brief period Dectalk was used on the National Federation Of
the Blind's NewsLine service if I recall correctly. This was back before
eloquence was utilized instead.

Blake