[DECtalk] DECtalk on old phone system

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Sat Feb 13 10:26:57 EST 2021

Hi,

That recording sure sounds interesting. To me, it sounds a lot like DECtalk 1.8, which I tried with MAME. Since Doctor Dennis and Whispering Wendy don’t seem to be on the list, I guess it can’t be DECtalk 2.0 or higher, since the voices were present in those versions, unless the creator of the telephone system wasn’t aware of those two voices.

I can try later to write some of the spoken text in MAME, to test if it sounds the same.

Best regards:

Aksel Christoffersen