[DECtalk] IBM viavoice outloud comments

Mohamed Al-Hajamy malhajamy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 00:34:51 EST 2021

Nobody really knows for sure, but I suppose it might be a bit less
legally uncertain since the libraries were made freely available by IBM
themselves, along with publicly available documentation that explains
the API, and on Windows, ViaVoice TTS, as far as I know, can't be
purchased legally at all because the company who last sold it
discontinued it in 2011 or so. I don't know if the newly discovered
languages are available for Linux, though Voxin is selling Traditional
Chinese which is still missing on Windows.