[DECtalk] DECtalk TTS licensing

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Tue Aug 31 19:55:29 EDT 2021

Hi,

This is one issue I sometimes have trouble with, the fact that the best
speech synthesizer in the world can't know what an author was thinking
or his/her mood when he/she wrote a message. Perhaps the best example I
can come up with on the spot is if I were to ask someone what they were
working on, and they responded, "I could tell you, but then I'd have to
kill you." Based on how a speech synthesizer reads that, you have no
choice but to assume the person is really working on something extremely
secretive. However, I might happen to know that they're joking around
with me.

Jayson