[DECtalk] For Don: Your synthesizers?

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Mon Aug 30 22:48:47 EDT 2021

On 8/30/2021 2:19 PM, Jayson Smith wrote:
> Don, I'm just curious, as I'm always interested in new speech synthesizers. Are
> any of your efforts published and/or open-source? If so, where can I find them?

Sorry, I don't make "standalone" synthesizers -- or, anything that
would run on a PC.

I design "devices" -- things you can touch.  In this case, the synthesizer
resides *in* a bluetooth earpiece -- like you would use with your cell phone.
So, instead of beeps and bops (the significance of which you would have to
commit to memory), *it* can say:

"Pairing"
"Volume level 4"
"This is the Sexy Sally voice."
"Rate set to 200 words per minute."
"No suitable host found"
"The following wireless networks are available: ..."
"Access denied.  Your credential is invalid."
"Access denied.  Too many users."
"Service temporarily unavailable."
"Too many failed logins.  Contact Mr Bellingworth at x5-3442"
"B E L L I N G W O R T H"