[DECtalk] DECtalk TTS licensing

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Aug 30 17:35:40 EDT 2021

Well Don-and-All, if I wanted to accept any old speech to hopefully enjoy, I
probably would have gone in to Linux earlier than 2003 when there were finally
DecTalk drivers for Speakup. Do I have some frustrations or inconveniences with
these drivers? Sure but its lots nicer than struggling to understand e speak or
something even worse. As to your comments about features, exactly the more
items I as a user can tweak, the better. An absolutely finest screen-reader
ever made was Vocal-Eyes. Practicly any amount of configuring, many kinds of
dictionaries made it an `extremely wonderful experience. DecTalk came with my
first pc in 1994. I listen to it more hours each day than any1 including my
Wife, so it better be enjoyable. The thing about choices, its your choice to
make them or accept the defalts.
Chime