[DECtalk] DECtalk TTS licensing

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Aug 30 14:15:16 EDT 2021

And that, is at its best, provided by properly designed screen reading
software.  Rich with choices so that the *individual* using the tool can
decide  how much, which I likewise prefer, or how  little  inflection is
presented.  Its like speed and  pitch.
still, what is helpful to remember  may be this.  In many cases adaptive
tools  are extensions of, or even substitutions for human  function or
activity.
There is a difference between a simple tts, and  the many options a
properly created screen reader, or voice navigator and the like provide.
Unfortunately too many use the terms interchangeably creating the idea that
tts equals screen reader, which is not true.
Karen