[DECtalk] DECtalk TTS licensing

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Aug 30 12:44:42 EDT 2021

I certainly agree that when quotes are found, the synthesizer should be able to
switch among mail-and-female voices. But not only that, so-far I know of no
solution which will display an emotion of an author. As an emotional Aquarian,
I want to know if some1 sending mail is really happy, not just hearing a word
"smile" although thats a start. There was an Israeli company called Vivotext
which was developing expressive speech, but while you can still find their
youtube videos, I think they may be gone? Obviously I did write-and-suggest
them making a screen-reader.
Chime