[DECtalk] DECtalk TTS licensing

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Aug 30 12:21:11 EDT 2021

Please do not  stand in the way of another person's desire to add choices
to the marketplace, because your chosen tool works for you.
I can say with firm certainty, as I am using Dectalk to write this email,
that  there are loads of others who would welcome choices, espeake is not
even a worth while consideration.
To answer the question starting this thread.
Last fall I sought to learn myself who  held dectalk Patents.
My first search, dectalk speech synthesis produced a Wikipedia page that
tracked part of the  path, leading to a company in the  United Kingdom who
did answer e-mails, actually providing licensing rates.
Now, I am not absolutely sure if they hold the United states
authorizations.  If you write me privately though I will share what I
learned with you.
Best,
Karen