[DECtalk] A medley of songs

ianian51uk at yahoo.co.uk ianian51uk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 20 16:04:39 EDT 2020

Hi Aksel/all

I'm a relative newcomer to the list, and have been quietly lurking for the
past couple of months, so this is my first post.

I'd vote for the first two - Leaving on a Jet Plane and Sweet Home Alabama.
I wonder if you could be so kind as to supply the phonemes for the songs
if/when you complete them please?

The reason I ask is I first came across Dectalk's singing capability when I
built a robot, and wanted him to perform songs. I could have just recorded
songs on an mp3 player, but that would have been far too easy, and seemed a
bit of a cheat. So after a bit of research I came across a TTS module
(Audme's MOVI) compatible with Arduino (the boards I used to control the
robot) that could take Dectalk-compatable songs as input.

I could also sync his movements by placing servo commands at strategic
points in the songs. Here is an example with Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4zl7TqNzLE

The backing track is also controlled by the robot, and is triggered via a
Bluetooth connection between the robot's controller, and an mp3 player.

It would be great if I could extend his repertoire to the two songs
mentioned above, which just happen to be a couple of my favorites.

Regards

Ian P