[DECtalk] DecTalk Tone Commands?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Jun 7 15:02:47 EDT 2020

First of all, Jason, got your test. I am useing a DecTalk U S B with
Speakup here in Linux. Unlike many years ago when Vocal-Eyes had a tone
option, I would like to suggest a similar option for Speakup. However,
since 1 of the people who works on software doesn't own a DecTalk, he has
no way of testing, without asking users to experiment.
In one of the DecTalk archives, there is a demo which goes through several
versions, gets to 4.3 with a phrase, "this was the good old dos days, you
can listen to it this way, its ok"
Without knowing a sample command, the nearest would be with text followed
in some cases by a comma and 2 periods.
In a case of Speakup, I will need to pipe to
/sys/accessibility/speakup/synth_direct
Thanks so much in advance for any-and-all guidance
Chime