[DECtalk] Changing the Pitch of the Mac Voices Inline

Brandon Tyson brandongold98 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:14:52 EDT 2019

Hello,

I have a scenario in which I want to use the “say” command to have a document turned into an audio file on the Mac. I want to have the pitch of the voice lowered slightly for this text and am wondering if anyone knows the text tag that makes this possible by chance?

For VoiceOver I don’t need this as I can use the speech settings keys to make this change but for the say application I think I’d need it for that.

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any assistance you are willing to provide.

Thanks,

Brandon