[DECtalk] old speech synthesizers

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 20:05:44 EDT 2019

Hi,
I was reading through an old asap for dos screen reader manual
Asap was a screen reader for the ms-dos operating system made by the now discontinued microTalk company ran by Larry Skutchan. Anyway are there demos of any of the old synthesizers asap supported? I know some of them like doubletalk, braille n speak, decTalk… I heard them before and owned some back in the early to mid 1990s. But some I have never heard.
Are there synthesizer or mp3 file samples of: audapter, multiVoice, sounding board, SynPhonix, voTalker, and wasn’t there some synthesizer called Protalker or something like that?

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10