[DECtalk] Questions about old DECtalk DTC-01 and DTC-03 units

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Sun Aug 4 15:25:40 EDT 2019

On 8/3/2019 10:12 PM, Aksel Leo Christoffersen wrote:
> I'm currently most looking at buying a DTC-03, since the DTC-01 seems quite
> expensive. Also MAME has a build in emulation of it, so I wouldn't need it
> very much. I have no intention of actualy using it with a screen reader,
> just to send text files to it, and maybe play around with it.
>
> But I still haven't found a sample of DTC-03.

The DTC-03 is really not a stand-alone device.  Locating a card cage and
the option modules that you want might be a challenge -- as well as costly!

And, IIRC, the performance is essentially the same as the DTC-01 (but
can be expanded to handle multiple "conversations" concurrently).

You might be better served by the DECtalk PC.