[DECtalk] Two questions about DECtalk Express

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Thu Aug 1 17:49:41 EDT 2019

Hi,

I have two questions about the DECtalk Express, that I hope someone on this
list can answer.

First, I've got a strange sound problem with my DECtalk Express. It has been
there since I got the unit. When I make the DECtalk sing, there's a strange
crackling sound in some of the higher notes, specialy when I'm using Kit The
Kid. Do anyone on the list, who has a DECtalk Express, know, if this is
normal or not. I've tested the same text on DECtalk 4.3 Speak Window, and it
sounds just fine.

Here's a sample of the DECtalk Express singing the notes, and the problem
happens:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0ma5azrv8rzr3c/DECtalk%20Recording%201.wav?dl=1

Here is a recording of the same text send through DECtalk 4.3 Speak Window:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g0ma5azrv8rzr3c/DECtalk%20Recording%202.wav?dl=1

Here's the textfile I used, so I hope maybe someone can try it out with a
DECtalk Express, and tell me if it's normal or not:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xq2f0d649bai6o/DECtalk%20Textfile.txt?dl=1

My other question is:

Is possible to somewhere get a replacement battery for a DECtalk Express?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards:

Aksel Christoffersen