[DECtalk] An Anoying 4Second Delay!

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Mar 30 09:35:53 EDT 2018

I hope this is still an address for this list? We just installed the latest
Debian Buster, running Speakup-and-a DecTalk USB. Trouble is that after each
keystroke there is a 4second delay before this DecTalk reports it. I'v tried
running an alias to reload dec-talk, but the same issue remains. I seem to
remember several years ago that when there were certain hardware changes, this
would happen. Kernel 4.13 came with this version, but we upgraded to 4.15 which
I thought had more USB support. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or fixes
Chime