[DECtalk] Lyrebird TTS, a demo is finally here!

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Wed Sep 6 12:20:01 EDT 2017

Hi all,

A few months ago, I heard about Lyrebird, a future project which would
allow anyone to create a synthetic clone of their own voice. Last night
I found out that it's finally here, in an early beta form. If you go to
http://lyrebird.ai and create an account, you can then record a minimum
of thirty sentences they specify, the more you record the better, and
then create your digital voice. Then you can have it speak any text you
choose. I've played with it, and while the quality isn't the best, it
does pretty accurately capture my voice, as well as most of the other
people I know of who have created voices. Check it out!