[DECtalk] Dectalk first generation

Tony Morales tmorales2000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 19:46:59 EDT 2017

The early DECtalk did not sound that terrible. The MIT MITalk system from 1979 is recognizable in this recording as the DECtalk ancestor it is:

http://www.cs.indiana.edu/rhythmsp/ASA/AUfiles/30.AU

The Klattalk system from 1983 was the immediate predecessor of DECtalk and is indistinguishable from the early DECtalk as can be heard in this recording:

http://www.cs.indiana.edu/rhythmsp/ASA/AUfiles/33.AU

Thanks,

Tony