[DECtalk] Samsung bought Innoetics. You can guess what happened next

Piotr Machacz pitermach at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 06:30:24 EDT 2017

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/11/samsung-acquires-greek-text-to-speech-startup-innoetics-for-under-50m/
If you go to their website now, they’re unsurprisingly going away. There is an announcement in the middle of the page, while the store is 404’ing so you can’t download nore buy any voice. There’s also no telling if the activation servers will still work or are still working. That’s really unfortunate as they made some really good voices, I’ve been using John during my audio game streams because of its CD quality audio and the fact it’s based on John St. John who voiced Duke Nukem. Anyway, if you have installers, you may want to hold on to them as you can’t download them anymore.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10