[DECtalk] singing Dectalk and NVDA

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Mon Feb 15 17:36:12 EST 2016

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the Singing Dectalk NVDA add-on to sing. I tried
following the instructions posted in September and archived here:

http://bluegrasspals.com/pipermail/dectalk/2015-September/004408.html

I can't find dectalk.py so that I can edit it and delete the line which
prevents speech commands being sent to the synthesizer. Where is dectalk.py
located? I already looked in the synth drivers folder.

I also have an NVDA question on Snoopi's behalf. He has the latest NVDA
snapshot and the singing Dectalk add-on installed. Is it possible to set up
a keyboard shortcut to load the NVDA menu? It is difficult for him to enter
the NVDA menu using the standard command. It is also worth noting that
Snoopi and I are both lost Re: the punctuations and symbols dialog box.