[DECtalk] some very very great news

Mohamed malhajamy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:47:06 EDT 2015

Although, if you want to actually do serious singing, it's still not a
replacement for the speak window, as it is still somewhat buggy. For
instance, there's a bug where it will reset speech back to what NVDA had
set every line. For example, if you typed into a text editor, [:nf] I am
alive. I am DECtalk. I am still here even now. Don't you think it's
still awesome that certain people still like me? I sure do! and pasted
it in and read it, NVDA will reset it back to Paul in the second
sentence. Also, it seems that if you adjust rates, consonants are
lengthened or shortened. For example, try removing the rate parameters
from the Rickety tickety Tin song that's on Snoopi Botton's site, and
drag the speed around in NVDA, you'll notice the effect it has on the
consonants, it makes the song sound faster or slower. Although it races
the question, I'm wondering what version of DECtalk the add on is using?
It might be 4.3, because it does have a little bit of vibrato in its
singing.