[DECtalk] a Dectalk question from Snoopi

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Sun Nov 8 19:24:31 EST 2015

Hi,

While I was speaking with Snoopi tonight, he asked me to post a question to
the listserv. Would it be possible to create a program which can copy all
words from a dictionary for use in Dectalk speak window? I refer to a normal
dictionary not the Dectalk dictionary. In such a program, individuals would
select a word from a list of icons. The word would then be copied into the
speak window and converted to a wave file for playback. Snoopi also told me
to specify that some people may think he's out of his mind. The reason
behind his request is that he would love for people to be able to use
Dectalk on Android. Such a program would enable people who use speech
synthesis for communication to communicate in Android via Dectalk.