[DECtalk] new member

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Thu May 21 11:11:54 EDT 2015

Still using a DEC USB thanks to that driver. Was totally worth the
irritation of coding and testing. Only thing it's lacking is language
support. I didn't add that for two reasons:
1. It's more stuff to possibly slow down the responsiveness (the DEC
USB is picky about how much is sent to it, and can drop off in
responsiveness quickly if too much is thrown at it at once, unlike
software DECtalk packages. That's also why I didn't add a bunch of
options for frication, breath and richness etc. Too much for the synth
to handle without becoming a bit sluggish);
2. When switching languages, the unit beeps and then changes to the
desired language. It has a nasty habit of freezing however, leaving
you without speech.

Alex