[DECtalk] ViaVoice 4

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Tue May 12 16:24:47 EDT 2015

Daniel, There is at least one copy of ViaVoice on Jake Gross's TTS index,
perhaps two.
http://www.grossgang.com/tts/sapi_voices/
I am not sure what the version(s) there are though. When I purchased
OpenBook version 7 many years ago, the CD included ViaVoice version 6. I
don't recall ever hearing ViaVoice 4, but version 4 might be
SAPI4-compatible like later versions. I am not sure about that though.
Brandon, if you have TextAloud installed you could use that to create an
audio file if ViaVoice version 4 is in fact SAPI4. Or for a free option you
could use DSpeech. I think there is another free SAPI to MP3 program but I
am not recalling it.
Blake