[DECtalk] Using hardware synth with NVDA

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Jun 29 04:20:02 EDT 2015

Hi all,

The message below about an NVDA addon for MBrola reminded me of something
I've been meaning to ask for a while.  Would it be possible to use my
DECtalk Express with NVDA?  I know NVDA has at least some serial support
because it supports serial Braille displays.  I am not a Python programmer,
but in the worst case, it looks like a Braille display driver could be
modified to support speech.  A better solution would be an addon which
actually supports all of the DECtalk Express features.  Would someone here
mind writing such a thing?  I would be very happy to host it for download.
One of the main reasons why I haven't switched is because I don't like
software speech and it's hard for me to understand.  Thanks!