[DECtalk] DECTalk 5 (Sapi) Thank you, and please help

Johnathan Velick johnathanvelick at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 17:26:40 EDT 2015

Hi, I've been a fan of DECTalk ever since I've heard of it and it was only
today that I found version 5 from you guys, which I prefer over the 4.40
demo I had been using before. The standard text editor options really help
too.
But I've noticed that while the phonemes and singing work, the tones,
dials, design voice and other advanced options don't work within the TTS
app like they did in the 4.40 program. This is bothersome because I've dug
through the files and I found a guide that lists these features and how to
access them in the program, but to no avail. May I have installed the
package wrong? The app didn't initially come with the DECTalk voices or
dictionary files but they were downloadable within a folder in the zip from
your website.

It would also help if I could resize the application window and use the
enter key (without ctrl) to automatically read the text field. And the
DECTalk US voices are at the bottom of the drop-down and I have to select
it each time because that's how it runs by default, which is also
irritating.