[DECtalk] filling in the blanks--fonix talk 6.0

Carlos Fernandez cf530a at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 18:19:59 EST 2015

I was wading through old data that I thought had been destroyed years
ago. In fact, it's still there and contains a speak window for fonix
talk, version 6.0. The one that we have now is version 6.1. To me, the
system sounds similar to 6.1. There are a few differences. For one,
Japanese is available in 6.0 but not in 6.1. I don't know what quality
of pronunciation it has, but I'm assuming it's quite low. The language
options for UK English and Hebrew are present but disabled. I believe
neither ever existed. In addition, the program is more similar to the
speak windows of previous versions, so can be difficult to use
accessibly. One feature that is available, however, is output to audio
files. The file is available in the archive under software, or can be
downloaded at
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11231100/SpeakWindowFonix6.0.zip

Carlos