[DECtalk] Fwd: [aw-announcements] Bob Prahin is in Hospice Care atpresent

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Sat Aug 29 08:42:59 EDT 2015

Yes, Bob's songs were done well. The only song I ever had problems with
phonetically speaking was Rickety Tickety Tin. Snoopi felt the same so he
fixed Bob's text file many years ago. He never knew who the author was until
I told him in 2014 that the author of that file was Bob. I was asked to
contact Bob and ask if it was ok to keep the modified version of Rickety
Tickety Tin located on Snoopi's site. The email address Jayson had is
out-of-date, but I eventually managed to obtain the email address Bob had as
of 2014 at the end of that year. This was because in December Bob shared on
another list a mix of his Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas put to
music. That message contained his current email address as of that time. A
friend of mine who does not make DT sing received that correspondence and
sent me a copy of the mix. I saved it, if anyone wants to hear Bob's
Christmas song with music behind it. I don't know if the music was found
online or if Bob recorded himself playing the piano.

After I did managed to contact Bob, he said keeping the modified version of
RTR was fine.  He even asked to hear the modified version as a recording and
for a copy of the modified text file because he was not sure if he still had
the original. I fulfilled his request for a copy but heard nothing further
from him. In the message I received from Bob, he wrote the following at the
end. "As you know, playing with Dectalk singing is a lot of fun."

I'm sharing all this because it's the only memory I have of Mr. Prahin. Bob
will definitely be in my thoughts/prayers.

Blake