[DECtalk] concerns about sapi voices on grossgang.com

brandon T brandongold98 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 17:26:49 EST 2014

Hi,

Looking through the section on grossgang.com in the folder
dectalk\sapi voices, I'm a bit concerned about the Eloquence and
ViaVoice entries. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain that
these voices are illegal. For NVDA users, including myself, it would
probably make NVDA users think it's ok to run eloquence legally. But
there's a blog post on the NVDA site stating that this is illegal. So
are these actually legal copies that can be used with NVDA no problem?
Or were they taken out of something?

I just don't want to see us get in trouble because of this.

Thanks,

Brandon