[DECtalk] a decent speech synthesizer for primary use

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Fri Aug 29 21:02:50 EDT 2014

I know that the AT&T Natural voices were recorded at 16k instead of the
typical 22k for recorded speech samples. However, they might not work as
your primary synth due to large size of each voice. I purchased some AT&T
voices which I use as primary voices within OpenBook, but they are used for
short periods. AT&T voices might work as your primary synth if you have a
lot of Ram memory in your computer, i.e. more than a gig or two.
Blake