[DECtalk] questions on DecTalk speak window

brandon T brandongold98 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 19:44:48 EDT 2014

Hello,

I know that the Dectalk 4.3 speak window will let you convert some
text into a .wav file. I have a few questions on this function in
terms of what I'm allowed to do legally:

1. I know there is the MKVoice tool to experiment with Text-to-speech.
Is it legal and perfectly ok to generate audio files of Dectalk, and
put them into a sample sapi5 voice created with MKVoice? This, in
turn, would give me a small sapi5 version of dectalk and normally you
would have to pay for this. The reason I'm asking is because I don't
think we'll ever be able to make sapi voices with MKVoice that will
speak any word.

What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Brandon