[DECtalk] I can't believe the Sapi Eloquence is illegal

jake mcmahan mcmahan.jake at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 06:55:09 EDT 2014

Ok, let's set something straight here.  Nuance is one of those major
companies that think they can control just about anything when it comes
to synths.  They don't care about the end-user, they don't care about
easy access.  All they consist of, are people who want to say they've
written this valuable program, when they of course didn't.  Examples
include dragon which was written by L&h, eloquence of course, by speech
works, and loquendo tts for that matter.  All they're doing, is taking
ownership of a product and saying who can or cannot use it.  Most, if
not all of their voices, they didn't make.  For example Tom and Jill, by
speechworks.  I will say this one last time.  Nuances main goal, is to
show off their grand text to speech, and just hold it in front of your
face because they know you can't get it.  I mean, look what they've done
to eloquence.  Just thought I may throw my 2 cents in.