[DECtalk] dectalk speak window for the braillenote

Brandon brandongold98 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 06:44:32 EDT 2013

The dectalk for windows mobile was the one by Force Computers
Inc.  Back in 2001, if memory serves correctly, I'm questioning
whether what I found was legal or not, here's what I found, and
this is that Dectalk Sapi I had previously mentioned:

If you go to
www.theflameofhope.co/dectalkreader1 you can download a package
from there called dectalk main.zip and get a Dectalk sapi for
sapi 5, another for sapi 3 on windows 9x, which supports the DAPI
(dectalk API) and you can install the version for windows mobile
and pocket pc.  Maybe if its legal it could work, I'm not sure if
it is, so any input on this is greatly appreciated as I do not
wish to promote illegal activity.  Thanks,

Brandon

dectalk developed for it but it's the Fonix version, so I'm not
sure if anyone would be happy with that.  :)
<mcmahan.jake at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi:
>> There is no dectalk synthesizer that has ever been available for
the braillenote.  If one were to be created, there would have to
be a version of dectalk made for the braillenote's OS, which in
turn would take time.  It is also highly unlikely because dectalk
appears to no longer be developed for other platforms.