[DECtalk] Off-topic - Email client?

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Mon Mar 4 02:43:44 EST 2013

Hi,

Here's my situation. For over a decade, I've been using Outlook Express, and
I've been happy with it. Now I'm upgrading to Windows 7, and guess what? No
Outlook Express, and there doesn't seem to be a hackish way to get it to
work either, other than running it in an instance of XP on a virtual
machine, which seems like a lot of trouble just for Email. So here is my
question. Do any of you know of an Email client that:

1. Works well with Jaws.
2. Has functionality similar to OE.
3. Can import Outlook Express messages and address books, or can import mbox
files. There's a tool called DBXtract or something similar to convert
Outlook Express DBX files to mbox files.
4. Preferably uses a standard mail format like mbox or maildir.
5. Preferably is portable, so I can move it from system to system with a
minimum of fuss.

Thanks!