[DECtalk] dectalk documentary

James master_j44 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 13 16:43:10 EDT 2012

Katie,

I enjoyed listening to your documentary. Thanks for sharing. :)

All of this reminded me that I made a Dectalk skit in the mid 90's. I played
myself (ha ha) and I was in a submarine listening to the submarine's
computer console. It's on a cassette tape somewhere. If it doesn't embarrass
me too much, I'll share a link to it.

As for now, I want to try creating some Dectalk Detective series. I have a
few good ideas I want to experiment with. I do enjoy listening to the
Dectalk singing to popular songs but not my thing as far as creating new
ones. If I did anything like that, Dectalk singing. I create
ambient/atmospheric music and I would probably have Dectalk singing over it.
I do have a small collection of Dectalk, along with some At&T voices,
narrating my poetry over eclectic soundscapes. Anyone interested in
listening to some of it, I'll share a link to them.

That one file you shared, Boris's Revenge, was cool. I actually have that
file on my own pc along with quite a few others. How did the creator of that
get Boris to sound like a Russian? Are there special codes for accents? Or a
matter of knowing your "stuff" and tweaking them in a special way.

Thank you. :)

James