[DECtalk] question about running dictool

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Wed Jul 4 11:29:21 EDT 2012

Ed,
I have attempted to run dictool.exe and windic.exe. I receive an error when
running both tools stating "The application was unable to start correctly".
This happens when  launching the executables from a dos prompt and the
Windows run dialog.  I am able to run dic.exe from a dos prompt. The
resulting list of parameters is unclear. For example, I am asked for an
input and output file. I assume the input file is the dictionary text file.
However, I do not know what the output file should be named. How is the DT
dictionary converted to Windows and tools utilized?