[DECtalk] Foreign Languages (was DECTAlk 4.4 Public Domain?)

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Wed Feb 1 21:32:31 EST 2012

What about Text Assist, the old kind that came budnled with
Soundblaster Soundcards? There was a German version with mine that
sounded like little Chinese guys trying to speak German with a heavy
American accent. i know that the English version of that Text Assist
very definitley was some sort of DECTAlk speech. I am not sure  if
the German was another software synth but it definitely attempted to
sound German but failed pretty miserably and helped me decide in a
hurry that i rather hadan English than a German synth on my system at the time.

I lost my sight in 1998 and we had bought the soundcard for my system
in 1996 for a win 95 A box.

Thanks much.

Doris