[DECtalk] DECTALK SAPI

Jake McMahan mcmahan.jake at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:40:57 EDT 2012

On 4/23/2012 6:30 PM, Dectalk at aol.com wrote:
> http://allinaccess.com/happ/files/dectalk/misc/dectalk_install_guide.pdf
> The above link is to a PDF that tells how to install Dectalk in a lot
> of stuff including Linux.  I just have no idea where to get these files.
> It's weird because from out of no where Google is loaded with Dectalk
> SAPI info.
> SNOOPI BOTTEN
> In a message dated 4/23/2012 6:17:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> chime at hubert-humphrey.com writes:
>
>     Certainly interested, but is this for the USB or a software
>     version-and-with
>     which screen-reader?  Please inform
>     Hart

          The dectalk for linux is no longer available.  It was sold by
fonix for awhile, then they discontinued it.  The only dectalk software
you're going to find is enable rehab's sapi dectalk, and maybe the
fonixtalk 6 demo.  As for the linux version, I've searched and searched
for that one, but to no avail.