[DECtalk] DECTALK SAPI

Jake McMahan mcmahan.jake at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:01:15 EDT 2012

On 4/23/2012 2:41 PM, Dectalk at aol.com wrote:
> I have a question and Blake is already looking into it for me but I
> feel like posting my question anyway because it's driving me crazy.
> First off, I badly want to buy the Dectalk SAPI from Enable Rehab, but
> I don't want the SAPI, I actually want the Speak Window and the
> dictionary tools.  Those two items I thought were usually free, but
> they are being included as a bonus.  (Some bonus)
> So ok, I'm scared to buy from the Enable site because it only gives
> you one shot at downloading the 2 zip files.  I don't have a stable
> internet, and I have heard that if you don't get the download, one
> other person actually had to wait for a refund, purchase it again, and
> then download.  I DO NOT WANT THAT HEADACHE!  And, why would I pay for
> the SAPI when all I really want are the 2 items that should be free
> anyway?
> So the other day I did a google search for a Dectalk SAPI expecting to
> get nothing.  I was in shock because Dectalk 4.61 SAPI is now
> everywhere!  And funny thing, Dectalk Reader 1 I heard unzips as
> Dectalk 4.61, so why would I or anyone buy from Enable Rehab when
> their SAPI only does English?  If you buy the Dectalk SAPI from other
> places, it has other languages, plus it runs on Linux and other
> operating systems.
> Here's my question.  I'm finding the Dectalk SAPI all over, and like I
> said, a google search goes crazy.  BUT, every download link for the
> SAPI sends me to an audio converter, or other stuff that is not
> Dectalk related.  I see nothing on any site to buy, but yet the
> Dectalk SAPI seems to be available.  Text Aloud, different screen
> readers, and I mean I'm finding it everywhere.  I emailed Blake 2 of
> the sites, but I found like 20.  I just can't figure out how to
> download or buy it.  And yeah, I'll mess around with the SAPI, but I
> really want the dictionary tools and the speak window.  And knowing
> that some people have download issues at the Enable Rehab site, I'm
> scared to try it.  I heard you don't even get a confirmation number.
> Yeah, your order is recorded by the site, but who wants to wait for a
> refund if you need a 2nd try?  I sure don't!
> So is there a better site that I can get the SAPI and stuff from?
> I'll even directly pay someone to e-mail me a copy.  Heck, the Enable
> site even has a one shot warning, so I totally don't trust it.
> SNOOPI BOTTEN

    To answer your first question, you could just install the file
called dectalk main, which installs the speak windows and dlls.  And
these are in other languages (I can prove this) and it let's you
download the software for the next hour or so.  So what would happen is,
if you buy the software, after you're order is complete, you would hit
the button that says back to enable rehab.  Then you will see a link to
both those packages.  I've bought it myself, and it worked out fine.
And Dectalk sapi in google seems to be everywhere, but that is the only
dectalk sapi available.  This happens because the search results show a
product that was never made available.  And again, the speak windows are
in other languages too.  If you need any assistance buying, I believe I
could walk you through the steps.