[DECtalk] Questions regarding Dectalk USB purchase

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 11:56:05 EDT 2011

sort of a hybrid between 4.64 and 4.3, they didn't do too bad on it
really, I'd pay the money if I didn't need a Braille display and a mac
first.

Is it true Access Solutions is trying to get 4.3 or 4.2CD back for the
USB product?

I had a dream about getting a dECtalk USB last night, funnily enough, I
turned it on and it said, "Dectalk USB version 4.2 ready. Connected to
USB power." Is that what it says?

alex

On 10/11/2011 7:30 AM, Brandon Misch wrote:
> actually the usb sounds more like the sapi ductal that was put on the
> list a few months ago. it is worth it if you want ductal but can't
> find the older solutions. It works on my windows 7 machine and Michael
> helped me out and communicated with me through the entire purchase.
>
> On Oct 10, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Alex H. wrote:
>
>> oh darn! Was looking forward to some more demos, maybe a couple songs
>> with the USB taking center stage. Ah well.
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> On 10/10/2011 7:34 PM, Blake Roberts wrote:
>>> After further consideration, I have decided not to purchase a
>>> Dectalk USB. However, I appreciate Darrin and Hart's feedback.
>>> Perhaps I might buy a Dectalk USB someday in the distant future.
>>> Blake

>>> 2. What is your opinion of the vendor in terms of trustworthiness?

--
--
Sent via Thunderbird.