[DECtalk] OT: Another Singing Synth!

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Tue Nov 22 13:12:39 EST 2011

Daisy is a major one, with good reason. I don't know the exact historical
details, but I think sometime back in the 1960's some programmers at Bell
Labs programmed an IBM mainframe to sing that song. As far as I know that
was the first singing computer. That program inspired a certain scene in
2001 a Space Odyssey. I won't say any more about that to avoid spoilage.
So that's why lots of people make synths sing Daisy.