[DECtalk] Sapi DECTalk With jfw

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Sun Nov 20 11:11:31 EST 2011

When trying to use the sapi 5 version of dectalk that floated around
on the net a while back, I have a ringing sound with the voice that I
do not remember from Access32. Are there any adjustments I need to
make in jaws to get the voice to sound better? I thinkit sounds at
least a little clearer when used in other programs like DSpeech, for example.

also is there any sapi dactalk out yet that can be distributed
officially? I seem to remember that someone said one of the Dectalk
versions was open source. A lady on a mailing list I am on used to
use Access 32 with jaws and really misses it with the latest jaws
because she has a hearing deficiency that gives her problems working
with Eloquence while the DECTalk voice was much easier for her hearing.

thanks bunches.

Doris