[DECtalk] Any SAPI Dectalk attempt 2 news?

FRIDO ORDEMANN enablerehab at verizon.net
Sat May 28 13:41:45 EDT 2011

I'm working hard to test the classic voices. The parameter values in the online
DECtalk manual were originally devised for non-Windows machines. When each new
platform was ready to ship, DECtalk engineer would adjust the parameters to make
sure nothing squawked or screeched. The old code we have access to, 4.3, needs
adjustment to work on current Windows machines. It's a tedious process. I want
to be sure we have voices that are easy to understand and sound like the old MIT
Klattalk as best as I can remember.