[DECtalk] Modifying DECtalk (was User dictionaries for Speakwindows)

Corine Bickley corine.bickley at gallaudet.edu
Wed May 18 06:55:19 EDT 2011

Dennis was not one to show off. He was interested in how the voice
parameters he has defined could be used to vary voice quality. For
instance, was intelligibility decreased with a whispered voice? Humans
certainly understand each other when they whisper, and whispering is
appropriate in some situations. Dennis was a true scientist and wanted
to understand everything about synthetic voice.