[DECtalk] User dictionaries for Speak windows

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Sun May 15 18:04:51 EDT 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create/generate/compile user dictionaries for the
Speak windows? I know back in the days of the DECtalk PC, it shipped with
software to take a properly-formatted text file and compile it into a binary
dictionary file. I still have one of those files, and it doesn't work as a
user dictionary in Speak43. Are there tools out there to generate user
dictionaries, or are they pretty much just internal tools which should have
been distributed but weren't? Snoopi, Ed, Corine, can anyone help here?
Thanks.