[DECtalk] DECTalk USB Demo2

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun May 15 12:56:27 EDT 2011

Well, yes, while I really like that demo, I wish I knew more about how to get
similar results here.
Back when I first got this unit, I had a dule-boot system.  While I was
listening in JAWS, but eventually, I think in 2006 I completely got rid of
windows.  Now I am enjoying Debian Testing.  As one of the skits says, "in the
good old DOS days" at least all the DecTalk files, including dictionaries were
on the local machine.  So now with this USB unit, can I get to these items? I
remember I could just copy text or songs to com4.
would `love to add lots of intonation, if I only knew how?  Yes, I know
EmacSpeak has lots of support, but so far I am in Speakup, where I am having
lots of what I would call them, frustrations.  No matter what I set caps-start
and stop, I cannot get the pitch ajustment on capitalization.  While arrowing
through text, `many times pitch, volume, and rate all drop considerably.  I
must ajust each back-and-forth for my settings to resume.
So Alex, if your last name is simbolicly Linux, then that makes at least 3 of
us on this list enjoying Linux.
Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions, tips, and trix.  O, yes, this
unit is from Axsol Solutions.  Only time we upgraded firmware was while I was
in windows.
Hart