[DECtalk] question about sapi dectalk

Raymond Grote musicalman1 at comcast.net
Fri May 6 21:27:41 EDT 2011

Hi,
I at least am not trying to say these people will never make it right. But
they definitely made some very wrong choices and our respect for them and
their work has declined.
First, they don't know what version they're working with. Understandable, I
myself don't understand a lot of it.
Second the synth doesn't sound anything like Dectalk. We have all tested and
heard it. Understandable again, since we can't expect perfection.
Third, they're cutting all the voices but Paul because he's the one that
works best. They're doing said cut  because we convinced them that the other
voices are plain horrible.
Fourth, they don't want to listen to our feedback. They're telling the beta
testers, who are experienced Dectalk users,  that they don't know what
they're doing and to stop bothering them, so to speak.
I hope you understand that we're not out there to get them. We mean well by
bringing up all these points, because then it will make it known that
something needs to be done and hopefully, eventually we'd see something more
like what we had hoped for. This wouldn't be so bad if it was an
experimental synth that was going into its first alpha or beta. But this is
a very well respected synth they're trying to port. We're not seeing the
respect that it deserves.
Now, to be fair, the decision to only keep paul was a good one. Nobody would
ever buy it once they found how horrible the other voices were. Paul at
least is usable once you get used to it.