[DECtalk] WHAT SPEAKERS DOES EVERYONE USE

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Fri Jul 1 07:42:27 EDT 2011

Hi again,

Compounding this problem is the thing of computer speakers. I once had an
IBM computer I bought from Radio Shack. It was a totally prefab system,
rather than custom built. It came with a pair of computer speakers. Someone
told me they said "IBM" on them. You can bet, though, that somebody else
actually made the speakers. That's probably the problem you're going to run
into again and again with this research, people who are using
computer-manufacturer-branded speakers or generic no-name speakers. Also,
what of the people who have laptops and use the computer's internal
speakers? I know some companies brag about the brand of the audio system in
their laptops, but probably the cheaper companies might use generic no-name
products.

As far as headphones go, my favorites in the way of semi-professional
headphones are made by Sony. I also have a pair of Audiotechnica headphones
in-house.