[DECtalk] DECtalk On NOAA Weather Radio

Flint Million fmillion at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:43:46 EDT 2011

Our local NOAA station is using DT Harry for station ID. The local
forecasts are coming in from AT&T Crystal, and the normal
announcements are either Scansoft Tom or AT&T Mike, it's a bit hard to
tell because it's quite weak reception.

I can tell they are not relying on the internal TTS algorithms but
instead are working with the phonemes directly - I imagine this is so
that the city names can all be pronounced properly. They are likely
using the phone-arpa-on mode that we use to make DT sing, which gives
it the unique pitching.