[DECtalk] DECtalk On NOAA Weather Radio

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sun Apr 10 19:41:32 EDT 2011

Well, I much preferred DecTalk to the strange speech they are running now.  I
know the average listener may think its almost human, but the way
words-and-phrases jerk, just doesn't sound right at all.
I understand NOAA had sales of Weather Radios drop while we were enjoying
DecTalk, but DecTalk was much more accurate.
Yes, while our LA 162.55 ran a loer pitch, I think Phoenix had much more
inflection.  I wish I could get my DecTalk USB to sound like that in Linux with
Speakup.
Also, yes many ATIS recordings on an aircraft band or over the phone are still
running DecTalk, but its the bouring lo pitch.
Hart